Metzeler ME 888 Marathon
The new Metzeler ME 888 or Triple 8 tires represent a new Ultra High Mileage offering from Metzeler that couples long life with Metzeler's performance and handling. Expect the ME 888 Tire to be rolled out in a myriad of sizes for families of bikes over its lifespan.
- Bias-belted cross-ply carcass construction for ultra high mileage coupled with Metzeler performance and handling
- Tire compounds offer better abrasion resistance and an improved grip on wet surfaces
- Tread design with variable inclination in the grooves walls improves wear regularity and provides increased mileage and performance consistency
- Tread gives increased mileage and better water drainage over the Metzeler ME880 cruiser tires
- Profile features a wider and shorter footprint area for reduced wear and increased mileage and stability
- Contact patch is 5% shorter and 15% wider than the Metzeler ME880 tires for better transfers of engine torque to the ground
- Profile and geometry prevents overheating and keeps structure and compounds properties unaltered for performance consistency
- Developed in Germany for the roads of America
- Specifically designed for custom touring motorcycles
- Technology offering consistent performance throughout the tire's life
- Outstanding high and low speed stability and smooth handling
- This motorcycle tire is tubeless
- These cruiser motorcycle tires are H rated for speeds up to 130 mph
- Tire size 160/70B-17 is V rated for speeds up to 149 mph.
- Note: Alpha sizes provide higher load capacity and increased mileage over their corresponding metric sizes (MH90 is 80/90, MT90 is 130/90, MU85 is 140/90)
- Note: Tire size 180/60R-16 is a radial cruiser tire
- Tire sizes 130/90B-16, 140/90B-16, 150/80B-16, 180/65B-16, 160/70B-17 are reinforced.
Be the first to
Leave a Review